Quitting Smoking  

Posted by Starting Over

I officially stopped on Monday -- it hasn't been so bad so far. Yes I want one, but I haven't gone to go buy any. This is a huge step as I have been smoking regularly for 23 years (since I was 14) In the last year I was up to smoking a pack and 1/2 per day or more. (2008 has been a really bad year in my personal life and it was a busy year at work)

So I am really trying to stop. And I learned that smoking smells very bad. My assistant is a heavy smoker and she smells like an ashtray to me now. So on top of that I am struggling not to be one of the fanatical ex smokers who complain all of the time.

I'm using a combination of Nicoderm gum, sugar free lollipops (1 lb bag from diabeticfriendly.com) and an e-cigarette (from ecigsales.com)

I haven't really used the gum or the e-cigarette often unless I am really craving a real cigarrette. I guess it is the silliness factor that I am standing around 'smoking' an electrical appliance

But I am hoping for the best so hopefully I will have good news the next time I post

This entry was posted on Friday, November 28, 2008 and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments